Tuesday, June 26, 2012

China - Day 11

Today was my birthday and I got to share it with the most amazing and precious gift I've ever received!  Waking up to her beautiful face makes everything right in my world.  I cannot believe how lucky I am to have been chosen to be her mother.



I had to complete a lot of paperwork today in order for Maggie to get her passport, visa and for her to travel with me back to the United States.  Once we step off the plane at JFK on Friday night she will officially be a US Citizen!!!  Since we had some time to kill I thought I'd take her to the pool to see if she liked it.  She loves the bath so I had a hunch that she would love the pool.  I'm happy to say that my girl did not let me down!!  Not only did she look adorable in her little pineapple swimsuit but she LOVED the pool.  She was squealing so loud that people came out of the building to see what was going on :-)




Tonight we went on a dinner cruise down the Pearl River in Guangzhou.  The Pearl River is the 3rd largest river in China, over 1200 miles long, with 10 bridges in the city of Guangzhou.  All of the bridges come alive at night decorated in different colored bright neon lights.  We were seated at a table with this cute family who didn't speak a word of English.  They were from north eastern China and are Muslims.  Their little girl was adorable and they were in Guangzhou celebrating her just finishing kindergarten.  Dad and I had a great conversation with them thanks to our guide/interpreter Martin.  They loved Maggie and were so happy for her to be with a loving family.

The whole city is lit up at night


It seems as if almost every building is colored in bright neon lights

Entertainment on board :-)


Guess who finally ate something other than a bottle??

Turns out that my girl really likes Hagen Dazs cookies and cream ice cream!
  I can't wait to take her to The Creamery this summer!!

And finally...just because she looks so cute after a bath...

I must be the luckiest the girl in the world!!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Suzie!! I love the pool story -- I can almost hear the squeals all the over here!! I cant wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete