Thursday, June 28, 2012

China - Day 12

Today was our US Consulate appointment - the final step in completing the adoption process here in China.  My girl looked so stinkin cute in her green dress from one of our favorite neighbors, The Gellerts!!  It's a size 9 months and is still quite big on my little peanut :-)


At the consulate appointment I had to take an oath that all the information that I provided was true and that I will love and protect my beautiful daughter from this day forward.  I got a little teary eyed as I held up my right hand and took the oath.  It is the final step on the Chinese side and tomorrow we will get her visa and passport, pack our bags and start the long journey home on Friday morning.


We went out to celebrate (aka as more shopping) with another trip to Shamian Island and then to Lucy's for lunch.  I had a grilled chicken wrap that my dad kept insisting was probably pigeon!!  Either way, it was good.


When I told Maggie we were heading to the USA on Friday, she got VERY excited!!!


I also had my first "squatty potty" experience!

We went to the pool to cool off after all the shopping and once again my girl LOVED it!!!

Tonight we had our farewell dinner as the other family in our group is leaving on Thursday night.  We ate at a Japanese restaurant and all had to take off our shoes and sit on the floor - not so easy for Dad but it seemed like the more rice wine he drank, the easier it was to get comfy :-)

It was actually a great set up because Maggie and her friend June could crawl all around us and play together as we ate!  We love June and are going to miss her and her family so much.  She and Maggie are from the same orphanage so they will always have a special bond.

We also celebrated my birthday with a delicious cake that tasted like it had seaweed frosting on it!!
It was actually disgusting with blobs of jello like things inside!

Tomorrow we will get Maggie's passport and visa and then say goodbye to the Tenney family.  Dad and I are so anxious to get home to our family and friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment